incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Sold out | The article is currently not available.
- Order number: NEW55PN
- Weight (kg): 0.25
Product information New55 PN instant postive-negative sheet film 4x5" (10.2x12.7) 5 exposures
|Product type (b&w/color):||b&w|
|Film type:||Instant film|
|Film base:||polyester (PE)|
New55 PN a new instant film
New55 PN is a black and white 4x5 instant positive-negative sheet film that produces an instant negative and a positive print; it works with the famous 545 series of holders (545, 545i and 545 Pro). Each box contains 5 packs; each pack produces one 4x5 positive and one 4x5 negative that you further fix and wash (see Directions for Use).
This is Generation 2 instant film. An improved receiver sheet coating process results in better DMax and DMin and smooth grayscale in the print, and the same superb negative for scanning and enlarging.
- Speed: ISO 50
- Processing time: 2 minutes
- Film type: panchromatic black & white on a 6mil (0.15mm) polyester base (PE)
- Release system: release tab & pee
- Generation 2, with production date code
- Expiration: 6 months from date code
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
• Insert film packet into 545 holder in 'L' position (ensuring lens side out). Pull out Sleeve until the stop. Make your exposure.
• Replace the Sleeve back to its starting position.
• Move holder's Release Lever to 'P' position.
• Pull the film packet through the holder smoothly and steadily.
• Place the film packet down on the counter and wait the given Processing Time.
• Remove the small silver Release Tab and pull the Tongue Assembly out of the Sleeve.
• Peel the Print off, keeping the Negative facing down (away from the light).
• Immediately place Tongue Assembly with the Negative attached face-down into a 50% solution of Ilford Rapid Fixer (Dilution 1:1, 50% fixer, 50% water) for 5-10 seconds. For best results fix immediately after processing and out of direct light. Minimal exposure to light before fixing is preferred.
• USE Ilford Rapid Fixer to fix the Negative. New55 PN was designed for use with Ilford Rapid Fixer.
• Pull the Tongue Assembly out of the fixer, peel the Negative off of the Tongue Assembly and then peel the adhesive residue off the back side of the Negative (Take care not to scratch the soft emulsion).
• Fix the negative -- with emulsion side up -- for another minute or two and agitate a bit while the reagent goo floats free.
• Remove excess goo with a gloved finger, then place the Negative in a fresh water bath.
• Rinse for at least 5 minutes (A running tap can harm the soft emulsion).
The positive print may be coated when dry (e.x. Tetenal light protecting vanish spray).
Related links to New55 PN instant postive-negative sheet film 4x5" (10.2x12.7) 5 exposures
1. What ISO speed should I use with New55 PN?
We recommend exposing New55 PN at the ISO... more
Additional information: New55 PN instant postive-negative sheet film 4x5" (10.2x12.7) 5 exposures
1. What ISO speed should I use with New55 PN?
We recommend exposing New55 PN at the ISO speed recommended on the markings on the box. If there are no box markings, then the ISO speed recommendation is 100-200. See New55 PN Directions of use (tab: download)
2. What hardener should I use with the New55 PN negative?
Hardener is not necessarily. Optional a teaspoon of alum (powder) per every 250 ml of Ilford Rapid Fixer is recommended to strengthen the soft emulsion of Atomic-X negative that's in New55 PN.
3. Preparing for Success & Troublshooting
- Upon inserting the film packet into the 545 holder, make sure you hear the faint click sound as the Clip engages the sprung Finger of the holder. The Finger holds the Tongue Assembly back while the Sleeve is withdrawn.
- As you prepare to make your exposure by withdrawing the Sleeve, make sure the Clip and Tongue Assembly have stayed home in the holder in the proper position for the exposure. If they are NOT in the proper position (down in the holder), you will be able to feel a bulge of the Pod in the withdrawn Sleeve. Correct this by reinserting the film packet fully into the holder (while listening for the "click" of the Finger).
- Manage your film packets carefully while unpacking. Make sure the Sleeve stays firmly engaged in the Clip of each film packet to prevent premature exposure of the negative.
- Conversely, make sure the Sleeve and Clip of each film packet are not too tightly bound together. Try tapping each end of the Clip briskly on a firm surface to ensure they are not too tight. (One millimeter of shift of the Sleeve in the Clip in either direction is sufficient to ensure good performance).
- After loading the film packet in the 545 holder in the camera, if the Sleeve will not withdraw from the Clip then remove the packet from the holder without exposing or processing and perform the above tapping exercise to make sure the Sleeve and Clip are not too tightly bound together.
New55 PN instant postive-negative sheet film 4x5" (10.2x12.7) 5 exposures
New55 PN – Was beinhaltet das Package?
New55 PN – Shooting and Processing
New55 PN – Scanning the Negative
New55 PN – Negative Capture with iPhone